Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Friday 11 July 2014

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On Kindergartens

Sleepless Nights

The SPCA Suva appointed a new manager, Priscilla Reddy, who for more than a year now has spent most of her time at the clinic tending to animals from all walks of life and at every stage in their lives.Congratulations. And Ms Reddy's first bit of advice is to try not to feed them tinned food

Pets play an important role in many of our lives. They give comfort, they are companions, we play with them and the dogs guard our homes.

Sadly there are many dogs that have gone astray because their owners cantt feed or look after them.


And there is the issue these strays terrorising people on the roads and barking incessantly all night and making people furious for not getting a good nights rest.

I hope the new manager will address these pro
blems.


Dental Problems
My Grandson's Teeth

I took my grandson to the Lautoka dental department on Wednesday for his school check up.  It was full of parents and guardians with their children. I couldn't help overhearing the conversation about how many children have bad teeth.  One of the things talked about was school canteens. A parent who is also a dental practioner said that they found out that school canteen owners hide junk food when health teams visit schools. When questioned, owners say they have to make a profit,  but at what cost.

I am reliably informed that some school managements approve this .

I know my friend the Minister for Health will do an investigation. 


Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.

No comments: