Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 12 January 2013

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Even cows do it.
That Itch
http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=221975

I read with extreme amusement the article about the DHL driver who was fined for scratching his ear. I must say if this is true then it has to be the joke of the year though I bet the Land Transport Authority is not laughing.

I wonder how many drivers have been booked for speaking on their mobile phones? I am on the road almost every day and I see lots of drivers, men and women alike, having a running conversation on the phone with one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding the phone. Every so often the person will leave the wheel and gesture or change gear.

How many people have been booked for talking on a mobile phone?

Then again, what about vehicles that have manual transmission?  One hand must leave the wheel to change gears. 

And as for the itch, should a driver stop to scratch? Will we soon see vehicles stopped all over the place with drivers scratching themselves?

Goodness gracious me, you know what, this is what we call taking the law to the extreme.  I hope LTA drops the fine.

$50 for scratching an ear, I wonder what’s the fine for scratching our rear!


Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that. 

No comments: