Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 4 August 2012

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On



Walking

Every so often we read about school children who have to walk miles to get to school.

One old timer said, “We walked everywhere. We walked ten miles to school and ten miles back home. We walked to town, walked to the plantation, we walked all over creation. What are these children complaining about?”

A young man asked the old timer, “What did you most like about school?”

“Walking” was the answer.

The old timer went on to become a Fiji rep in rugby, soccer and boxing. He said all the walking made him fit. He is 89 and still has a vice-like handshake. He has slowed down on drinking yaqona but still loves his whiskey. If someone else is buying! 



Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that. 


An Appeal from Allen


Bula Croz, would you kindly post this….


This is an appeal to anyone who has a wheelchair or a pair of crutches at home that you no longer use.. If the wheelchair is broken but can be repaired we will welcome your donation.

I am in the process of identifying people who need wheelchairs but can't afford one.

Please contact me via my email address allenlock@connect.com.fj or call me on 6669734, or 9483449. I will arrange for transport and costs.

For international donation, please contact me also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still no one home. Just links to other things. This blog dead