Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 22 October 2011

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.

 Kick Off Time a Worry

I wondered why the semi finals of the rugby world cup were starting at 8 pm, and then I read that the delay is to cater for the European TV audiences.  And ABs head coach says that he is worried because he is usually asleep by that time. The delayed start time is interesting because of the power of the fans.

I had to laugh at the report that said Graham Henry would have to be woken up when the game started. Players who live in the southern hemisphere may be affected by the late start because according to their biological clock their body would be tiring and about to go to sleep around that time. And this could affect their game.

The power of the audience is supreme and that is why the games will start late, and I think money is also involved.

If I had any say, the games would just start at the usual 7:30 pm and audiences on the other side of the world would just have to wake up earlier to watch, because the health of the player and the quality of the game would be my priority.

May I sneak in a statement here – many people have complained about day light savings, but it’s the business people who may have won this for themselves. The health of the populace could be secondary.

I suddenly feel like singing that song by ABBA – Money, Money, Money.”

No comments: