Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 9 July 2011

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.
               
Miracle Emails

 I usually receive emails that tell me to forward the email to more people and I would get a surprise the next day. The more people I send it to the better my chances of receiving something good.

 I never forward such emails, but I often wonder what if life was like that. What if, when we receive those kind of emails and send them to twenty five people I will receive some good luck the very next day, in reality. And then my vivid mind got working and I said to myself, “What if I could send one hundred emails to FEA or the Water Authority of Fiji and somehow my bills would be paid.” And if I send two hundred emails to MHs, R B Patel or New World Supermarket and they would send me $300 worth of shopping. And if I sent two thousand emails to USP and my daughter's tuition fees would be automatically paid for.

 What if I could send one thousand emails to ANZ or BSP banks and each time I go to the ATM I never run out of money. Oh, if only life were like that. And what if I sent ten thousand emails to myself and each time I went outside a different cab would be waiting for me to drive. 

And, oh, if only the people who keep forwarding email prayers knew that God doesn’t really work with emails. Or does He?   Has anyone's  prayers been answered because they forwarded those emails?

No comments: